The aim of the Class Parent Representative Committee:
The primary aim of the Class Parent Representative Committee is to promote goodwill and provide support for the school. The Class Parent Representative Committee is encouraged to maintain open channels of communication between parents, while also being a valuable resource to the educators and the class. The Class Parent Representative also facilitates healthy social collaboration among families and staff within the school community. The school highly values and appreciates the input and energy these individuals place into helping to make our school a success.
All correspondence regarding school official business or anything relating to your child’s academics, will be sent to parents directly by the school administrators.
The Class Parent Representative is encouraged to gather the classroom parents’ e-mail addresses and phone numbers. This is to ease contact between yourself and the parents of the class, as long as this information is not distributed to parents without their consent. Parents are required to sign a permission slip to allow their contact details to be given to the rest of the class’ parents.
Class Representatives will create class WhatsApp groups. This is merely a tool the class representatives will use to ensure that all lines of communication stay open. Please take note that if you do have any grievances or concerns pertaining directly to Generation Schools that you directly email the management of the school and to not email the class representatives or discuss it on the WhatsApp group
What is a Class Parent Representative?
- The Class Parent Representative acts as a mediator with the parents in the class by keeping them informed of activities and events organised by the school.
- The Class Parent Representative acts a liaison for times when the educator may request resources, support or assistance.
What is the role of the Class Parent Representative for the parents?
- The Class Parent Representative encourages the parents to volunteer/assist during activities and/or events when needed.
- The Class Parent Representative serves as a liaison and passes on ideas/suggestions/requests from the parents to the class
- The Class Parent Representative is to:
Support: The Class Parent Representative is there to support and help new and existing families with their journey at Generation Schools.
Representation: The Class Parent Representative will be the parent’s voice should they have any lovely suggestions that they would like to see implemented at the school.
Awareness: The Class Parent Representative will make parents aware of any events happening in and around the school that parents were perhaps unaware of, or that parents might have forgotten about.
Community: The Class Parent Representative is responsible for fostering a community at Generation Schools and bringing parents and staff together.
Opportunities: Part of forming a community, the Class Parent Representative creates opportunities and events in and around the school for families to get together and get to know one another.
Change: If parents have any ideas and would like to see them realised, to speak to the Class Parent Representative and they will bring these ideas to the class educator
What is not the responsibility of a Class Parent Representative?
- Class Parent Representatives are not to be used to help other parents express concerns about their own children. These concerns should be directly addressed between the parents themselves and the educators.
- Class Parent Representatives are not to be used as a liaison between the school and management. If parents have an issue or concern with the basic running and operation of the school, they should directly address the Front Office staff or Management themselves.
- Parents are encouraged to make an appointment with management to discuss any concerns they might have.